Advantages of Payroll Software
When a small business decides it’s time to move to an on premise payroll system it can often be a very stressful situation. But do the advantages of a payroll system outweigh the negatives?
Small business owners who are proficient in paper based payroll or that use a bureau may argue that their current solution is more cost effective. However, completing paper based payroll requires training, staff time and a high level of accuracy. It is for these reasons that a lot of small businesses turn to payroll software
Payroll in a small business can be time consuming. Monpellier have collated a few benefits associated with payroll software to help you decide whether it is right for you.
– Reduce Error: Save money by avoiding human error
– Visibility: Staff can login and view their payslips online
– Up to date: Tax and pension legislation is kept current and correct
– Paperless: Electronic payslips offer better communication
What To Look For
When looking for a payroll system, apart from finding a solution that fits your budget, you need to ensure the new system has the following features.
– HMRC Compliance: HMRC recognised software helps ensure you stay up-to-date and fully compliant with the latest payroll and pension legislation.
– Support: Access to a payroll expert by phone, email or live chat.
– Flexible Payment: If you don’t want to be tied to 12 or 24 month contract look for a solution with a monthly subscription option.
– Speed: Look for a system that will save you the most amount of time. For example a solution that allows you to pay employees straight from the software.
If you wish to find out more about the payroll systems Monpellier offer please give us a call on 0191 500 8150 or email us at [email protected]. We would love the opportunity to help you find the right solution for your budget.
Comments are closed.