Grow with Sage 200cloud
Recent reports announce that Britain’s manufacturing performance over 2015 was below the level achieved in 2014. According to Markit – leading global diversified provider of financial information services – UK manufacturing purchasing managers’ index (PMI) dropped to a three-month low of 51.9 in December from 52.5 in November. Rob Dobson, Senior Economist at Markit said: “The UK manufacturing sector ended 2015 on a disappointing note, with its rate of growth slowing further from October’s recent high back down towards the stagnation mark.”
Weak export demand, collapse in oil prices, employment stagnation, slower world trade growth, and the decline in global commodity costs feed through the supply chain, are said to be contributors to the decline. However, the biggest reason for the subdued levels of growth has been put down to output and new order growth slowing.
Howard Archer of IHS Global Insight said: “…the pretty lacklustre December PMI suggest that 2016 is also likely to be challenging for manufacturers. Indeed, the breakdown of the December purchasing managers’ survey shows new orders growth matching July’s lowest level for 2015, with export orders only inching up. Furthermore, backlogs of work contracted markedly.”
In order to grow in 2016, manufacturers should be focusing on increasing output, improving order rates and removing bottlenecks in production, all which can be done with the help of an efficient business management solution.
Sage 200 Extra is perfect for growing manufacturing businesses who want to manage their supply chain, finances, customers and business intelligence in a single solution. The manufacturing module covers the entire manufacturing process, including planning, order processing, materials and stock management.
Here’s how Sage 200 Manufacturing can contribute to the growth of your manufacturing business:
- Standardise and streamline production scheduling so you can coordinate your distribution channels and get automated reports
- Support assembly, repackaging of bulk items, resource planning, and scheduling work and materials
- Reduce costs and delivery times, helping you improve productivity by monitoring production processes and tracking components through the whole manufacturing cycle
- Built in scheduling solution that will help you assess potential production issues and produce flexible schedules
- Accurate resource planning to help identify potential areas for savings and reduce the cost of production
- Share manufacturing data across the whole of your business so employees have access to accurate, timely information
- Keep up to date with the latest regulatory requirements by monitoring quality standards in line with regulations such as ISO
- Trace serial numbers and batches back to suppliers and key components
Want to find out how Sage 200 Manufacturing could work for your business? Contact us on 0191 500 8150 or email email@example.com and one of our software consultants will answer all your questions.
Comments are closed.